Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Worth The Wait!
Update (9/13/19): The books listed in this online guide are now available to students, staff, and faculty. Purchases made in both 2017 and 2018 (i.e., to date, all PASO-funded Library materials) can now be viewed in this guide!
If you like what you see, and you want more, remember: The Library does have lots of other books and ebooks (not funded by PASO), including many that align with the categories of books listed here, that may support your curricular goals. To find out, use the search box on the Library homepage or contact Cynthia.
To navigate this guide, use the tabs above for Library Purchases and Your Ideas.
What Can I Do With This Info?
Once the materials are available, we hope you will encourage your students to use them. You can...
- Incorporate materials into your curriculum, designing new assignments (including extra credit assignments). Not sure what this might look like? Contact Cynthia to brainstorm and explore the possibilities.
- Ask us to place materials on Reserve (typically, a 2-hour checkout) to make them available to your whole class
- Ask us to create a custom online guide like this one for your course(s) or discipline, to help your students easily find the materials of greatest value to you and your students
- Let us know what else you'd like purchased for the Library, using the Your Ideas tab of this online guide
- Read these awesome new books, and encourage your students and colleagues to do the same!
To explore any of these options, or all things STEM and Library, please contact Cynthia.
Using This Guide
As you browse this online guide, click on the titles for more information about each item. If you are off campus (or on a personal laptop on campus), you will be prompted to log in. We are working to resolve this so a login is not needed. In the meantime...
- Try logging in with your UIA (if you have one), or the same username and password you use for your office computer. (This may work if you've been at LAVC a long time.) If it doesn't work, you can request a UIA from the LAVC IT Department (which would also allow you to use Library databases off campus).
- As a workaround, you can copy an item's title and paste it in the search box at lavc.edu/library. For fiction titles, hover over the book title in this online guide to see a summary.
Prior Emails from Cynthia
Can't find that email I sent a while back? I've got you covered.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.