Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Video: Using the Ebook Central "Book Detail" Page
After clicking on a book title in your results list, you will be taken to the "Book Detail" page. This video (2:30) will show you how to use the Book Detail Page to find important details about a book, including summaries, information about the author, reviews and more. It will also show you how to navigate to specific sections and subsections of a book using the table of contents. For more information about the Book Detail page (with screenshots), scroll below the video.
When you click on a title in your results list, you will be taken to the "Book Detail" page (see screenshot, right), which provides lots of information about the book and helps you decide whether or not to use it for your research.
At a glance you can see:
- How many copies are available at your institution
- If the title is currently available
- If the title is available for full title download
- PDF chapter downloads
- Copy and print allowances
- View chapter page range and page count details
- Pages remaining for PDF chapter printing/download
- The Table of Contents and expandable book description
- Full set of bibliographic data, including series and edition, expandable to include full bibliographic details
If you choose to work with a book, you may do the following:
- Read online
- Download the full book
- Add to bookshelf
- Share link to book
- Cite the book
From the Table of Contents you may do the following:
Screenshot: Ebook Central Detail Page
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.